Here’s a simple and unique artichoke dip that features kale rather than spinach. This healthy dip whips up fast, and is great for diving into on game day!
The following serves 6 (adapted from Girl Who Ate Everything):
- 1 (14 oz) can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 4 oz reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- 4 cups fresh chopped kale
- 1 tsp granulated garlic
- Kosher salt to taste
- Lemon zest from about a 1/4 of a lemon or so
- Multi-grain chips and sliced veggies for serving
Preheat oven to 400. Spray a 1 and 1/2 or 2 quart baking dish with non-stick spray.
In a large bowl, combine the artichokes, cream cheese, yogurt, 1/2 cup Italian cheese blend, parmesan, kale, garlic and lemon zest. Season with salt to taste and mix well until everything is combined.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Stir and bake, covered, for another 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add the remaining 1/2 cup of Italian cheese blend. Bake uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown.
Serve with multi-grain chips and sliced veggies such as celery and carrots.
And here’s one more idea for you….in case you have extras, try heating this up the next day and topping it on quick sautéed chicken!