Who isn’t a fan of buffalo chicken dip?! But must of us fans can do without all the butter, grease and extra cheese that comes with traditional buffalo chicken dip. This recipe comes from Claire Robinson (with a few tweaks from This Girl), and in addition to it being super easy, there’s only a few ingredients, none of which are butter! I’ll be whipping up this delicious, light version again and again 🙂
The following makes 6-8 servings:
- 8 oz cream cheese (I used light)
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- Heaping 1/2 cup Franks hot sauce, few extra dashes if you like it hot!
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (white and dark meat)
- 1 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- Whole grain chips, crackers and/or veggies for serving
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt cream cheese until smooth. Add the hot sauce and stir to combine.
Mix the cream cheese/hot sauce mixture with the chicken and celery and mix well. Fold in blue cheese and transfer to crockpot. Cook on high or medium until bubbly, then lower temp to warm. Serve with whole wheat crackers, multi-grain chips and/or veggies.
If you wanted to enjoy right away and not use a crockpot, Claire’s recipe says to transfer the mixture to a 9-in pie plate and bake in the oven at 425 until hot and bubbly, about 25 minutes.