I found a great side dish idea in one of my Everyday Food magazines for broiled zucchini with yogurt sauce, which quickly I turned into a complete meal by adding more veggies and naan pita. Not only was it quick to make, it was delicious and refreshing too, perfect for spring!
The following serves 2:
- Naan pita or other thick pita bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- Half a zucchini, sliced thick
- Half a yellow squash, sliced thick
- Handful of red onion, sliced large
- Handful of broccoli, chopped
- Handful of fresh baby spinach
- Olive oil
- Coarse salt and pepper
- 1/3 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground mustard
- Cilantro leaves or mint leaves
Heat broiler and brush a rimmed baking sheet with some olive oil. Arrange all the veggies except the spinach on the baking sheet in a single layer. Brush with some more olive oil and season with coarse salt and pepper. Broil until veggies are tender and begin to brown, 8 to 10 minutes. Just be sure to start checking it after 5 minutes just in case your oven cooks faster 🙂
When the veggies are just about done, toss the pita in the oven to warm up for a minute or so.
Meanwhile, in a bowl stir together the yogurt, lemon juice, ground coriander and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
Top sliced pitas with divided spinach and then the broiled veggies. Drizzle yogurt sauce on top and garnish with torn cilantro or mint leaves.