This is such a tasty BBQ chicken pizza recipe…and it’s easy to make! I like to serve this for dinner, but cut it up in bite-sized pieces and it would make a great appetizer too!
Below is for 2 servings; two small Flat bread pizzas. If you’re cooking for more, just double or triple the ingredients:
- 2 Flat bread
- 1 cup part-skim Ricotta
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed (I used one large breast for 2 servings or leftover rotisserie chicken)
- 1 and 1/2 cups broccoli or 3 cups broccoli rabe chopped
- 1/4 cup purchased barbecue sauce (use whatever brand you like)
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Dried oregano, salt and red pepper flakes
- Fresh cilantro or parsley
Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Cube the chicken breast and saute in 1 T. oil in a non stick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in dried oregano, salt and red pepper flakes to taste (depending how spicy you like things will depend how much red pepper you add). Cook until brown, 4-5 minutes. Then add broccoli or broccoli rabe and 2- to 3 T. barbecue sauce and saute until wilted or cooked down a few minutes.
While the chicken is sauteing; stir Ricotta, 2 T. olive oil and salt to taste in a bowl and set aside. I cooked these on a pizza stone, but a baking/cookie sheet would work too.
Assemble your pizza spreading the Ricotta mixture on the Flat Bread first, followed by the cheese. Next add the sliced onion and then the chicken and broccoli mixture – dividing everything evenly between the two pizzas.
Bake until the crust is golden brown; 10 – 15 minutes. Just keep an eye on them to make sure the crust bakes and the cheese melts.
Before serving, finish with some chopped cilantro or parsley and the remaining barbecue sauce.